Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oh No! Improv!

If you're as old as the hills (like I am) you'll remember Mr. Bill.
Stupid-funny stop motion super-8 movie clips on the tv show Saturday Night Live in the 70s were as much a part of the social fabric then as 'yo whassup beyatch' is today. 




Well, my thrifting habit brought Mr. Bill back into my life, along with more fabric and more scissors, vintage clothes hangers, buttons and old plastic trays.
So in the spirit of making lemonade when life hands you nice, juicy lemons—I'm off on another round of improv piecing… (nicely explained here)
Hand sewing and improv piecing are the two most relaxing things in my crafty repertoire. 


2 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I'm so glad you're finding my tutorial helpful! I also find it fun and relaxing to sew improv blocks!

ps- you showed up as a no-reply blogger when I tried to respond to your comment! just wanted to let you know!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

Sooo jealous of Mr. Bill doll.