I guess we won't go hungry this winter. (7 small jars)
Ok, so blackberries are early this year. Since the picking was good,
I decided to give the old jelly kit a go and ended up with a successful batch. (An unsuccessful batch would be the one I attempted in my early 20s when most of the boiling hot jam cascaded down between the stove and the cabinet instead of into the jelly bag.)
Then, with the leftover pulp beckoning—I decided to try a badcrafter shibori wrap.
It looked pretty good; until I washed it… when most of the blackberry colour disappeared. Vinegar didn't work as a mordant. Will try again with a pre-dye mordant, fingers crossed.