Monday, November 10, 2014

To market, to market

Brown things and flowery things around my place today. I am both amused and horrified by how much trouble I am having making a decent pom pom. I've made them with cotton yarn, mohair yarn, and wool. I've used the Clover pom pom maker, the multiple-poms at-once-method, and the cardboard template method. They are not as easy as they look, people! And messy? I'll be breathing mohair dust for days. 
My marginal poms that sorta look more like obese tassels sent me onto tassel research. Lots of interesting reading there, and lovely images, too. But guess what…when you are reading about the history of tassels, you don't get much sewing done. Sewing that I had hoped to finish before a flea/vintage market coming up. Hopefully it'll be a good venue for destashing my big fat collection of cute Christmas stuff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the painting with the gulls. Show us the whole picture!